Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Baby is Leaving the Nest

My non-fiction manuscript is ready for submission, woo-hoo! - my baby is ready to be introduced to the world. It's a scary and exciting point for sure. I know it's ready, both the manuscript and the marketing plan, and I am anxious to see it picked up and moved along to the next stage, but at the same time I'm nervous about letting it go and what comes next.

Here's the working cover as it stands.

And here's a quick synopsis:


Disaster Preparedness for Everyday People is an easy-to-follow guidebook for basic disaster preparedness, a go-to guide for traditional readiness solutions and creative ideas for budget-conscious & time-conscious readers. 

The book contains:
·         Solid disaster preparedness strategies & solutions from respected organizations
·         Step-by-step processes to design a disaster plan customized for individuals & families
·         Tips to prepare within budget, space, & time constraints
·         Examples of disasters from all fifty United States and places all over the world

Disaster Preparedness for Everyday People is more than just a prepping book, it’s also the story of Hurricane Sandy - what I saw & how it affected my community, and what that experience taught me about preparing for disasters. 

No comments: