Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Comic Con NYC 2014 - An Overview in Pictures

Comic Con NYC 2014 - An Overview in Pictures


ComicCon excitement started in the days leading up to ticket sales. I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones that was able to secure tickets; I was a Comic Con newbie after all and with all the talk on social media about how hard it was to get tickets, I was worried. The day tickets went on sale, I was on the website five minutes before sales started, and tried to secure tickets the second the clock moved into the active sales window. It took almost 10 minutes of getting bumped before I got on the wait list, and then another 40 minutes on hold in the sales queue (fingers crossed that I wouldn't get bumped from here) before I finally got to checkout with tickets in hand. Success!

Then the tickets came in the mail in September. 

And then it was finally time for ComicCon, and can I say it was all worth it - what a blast! Being a ComicCon newbie meant I missed the panels because they were booked before I made the lines, and I didn't even get down to the autograph area (my feet were begging for a break by the end of the day), and still I had a great time. So, I wanted to share a few pictures from my day at ComicCon, share with you a small peek into what I saw. 


Welcome to the One And Only New York ComicCon 2014



The Official NYCC brochure


Transformers in the house!

Binge-watching Breaking Bad so this display caught my eye.

The cosplay did not disappoint - there were some great costumes on display.


Gandalf in the house!













And we even caught up with some wrestlers (my son's favorite part of the day).




*All Pictures copyright Michelle Reynoso 2014 - cannot be reproduced without written permission

No comments: