Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Story Treasures

There are so many stories to tell; stories written on scraps of paper, filed for the future. Stories, like treasures hidden and waiting to be excavated, their value immeasurable until they are found, cleaned-up, and polished. Finding the time to flesh out each of those stories is a challenge, balancing writing and life.

When I started writing many years ago, I had the worry that maybe I only had one good idea. Now, I have many more ideas than I could ever develop. I write them down, trying to capture the essence of the idea as it comes to me, hoping it's enough to inspire me when the time comes to explore it further.

On of my goals for 2014 is to finish the two works-in-progress that currently occupy my "writing time", and move on to one of those hidden treasures in my filing cabinet.

No comments: