Friday, July 12, 2013

THANK YOU for Your Support

First, let me say Thank You to each and every one of you that supported me and my Kickstarter project, Ordinary People-Everyday Prep. So many of you helped to spread the word through Facebook and Twitter, and backed the project with funding pledges. I am very grateful, and I appreciate your support more than I can ever express to you.

This has been an incredible journey. It was thrilling talking to people about this project, and in the process gauging a better understanding of people’s perception of disaster preparation. Through these conversations, I’ve gained insight into what I need to do to improve Ordinary People-Everyday Prep to make it stronger and more marketable. I plan on adding survival tips from top survival experts, and expanding disaster experience examples throughout the book to illustrate the need for disaster preparation.
Unfortunately, the project failed to gain enough backers to get fully funded, so my  initial plan to release the softcover book in connection with the first anniversary of Hurricane Sandy will not be possible, but I still plan to continue with the project by strengthening the contents of the book and working to find ways to bring this project to publication. I am toying with the idea of possibly releasing an e-book version, if I can garner funding for that part of the process. I might also try submitting the book for traditional publishing as well.

Thank you again for all that you’ve done.

-Michelle

No comments: