Friday, June 28, 2013

Book Thoughts - The Friends We Keep by Holly Chamberlin

The Friends We Keep

by Holly Chamberlin


The Friends We Keep is about three friends (Sophie, Eva, & John) who lost touch, and reunite again twenty years later. It's the story of them rediscovering themselves and each other, including betrayals and hookups.
Front Cover
This book took me a bit longer to get into than others of similiar style. I think the way it was setup, with each chapter from a different character's perspective was a bit jarring at first, which is interesting because I've read other books setup the same way and I didn't find those as jarring. Anyway, once I got a bit into the book, then I felt more invested in the characters' stories.

I think Eva was the  most realistic and developed character and the one that I found myself rooting for throughout the book.

 I'd say this is a good beach read if you give it a chance to get going.

No comments: