Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflecting Back - Projecting Forward

I am so happy to count my blessings on this last day of 2012, welcoming another birthday and another amazing year. I am blessed with amazing family and friends, an awesome husband & son, great opportunities, good health, and a lot to look forward to.
 

2012 has been an interesting year. Events like Hurricane Sandy and the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, as well as seeing my cat injured and nearly unable to walk, have reminded me about the priorities of life. Luckily, my cat has been slowly bouncing back, but people affected by the hurricane and the shootings have bigger obstacles to overcome. It's all a reminder of how fragile life is, and how important it is to love those we care about every day.
 
"Felix" Photo by: Michelle Reynoso
My writing, both on the blog and in my manuscript, has been less consistant this year, although I believe I've picked up some important elements that will help propel my writing forward. I've already started applying these things to my current manuscript, but I think the real improvements will be seen in 2013.
 
 
I've watched my son grow in parallel with the developments of the world. Things are so different now than they were when I was growing up. It leaves me wondering how much the world will continue to change. It leaves me hoping we can affect change, so the world will become a better place, not a harder, crueler place. It's hard to imagine what a single person can do to affect changes in the world, but deep down I also know that one person CAN affect change. All we need to do is make the effort.
 
My wish for the new year is that each of us finds our purpose, our "thing", that something that will affect positive changes (in however small a part).
 

I wish everyone a Happy New Year! May we all see the fruition of our hopes and dreams in 2013.

No comments: