Thursday, April 12, 2012

Writing Goals - My Writing Bucket List revisited

Over the years I've jotted down my share of writing plans and goals, but the very best list I put together is the one I posted on this blog last July: Writing Bucket List. My original bucket list was inspired by an article in Writers Digest, written by Elizabeth Sims and titled, "10 Things For Every Writer's Bucket List".
It's the right time to revisit the list, particularly in conjunction with the Goal Task for Robert Lee Brewer's April Platform Challenge. So here it is, my updated list.

Photo by: Michelle Reynoso
My Writing Bucket List  (updated 4-12-12)

Finish Novel-En (OMG, are you serious, I'm STILL not done. That's ok, I'm almost there!)

Work with a YA author critique partner

Compile a group of YA beta readers

Sign Literary Agent

Publishing Contract for En

Prepare a "cannot fail" book marketing campaign for En

Attend a Writing Retreat

Transition to full-time writing career

New York Times Bestsellers List

Walk into unknown bookstore and see my Published Book there

2nd, 3rd, 4th...Novels

Have my own Book Signing (and a crowd in attendance)

Travel the world & see how the different locales influence my writing

Writing Awards (widely recognized book awards)

Attend screening of movie version of my book

Start Writing Grant/Scholarship fund - 1 for writers any age, 1 for high school students

Travel to high schools & talk to young adults about writing




And here are some of the things I've accomplished so far - because it's always good to look back and see where I've come from): 

See my name in print with publishing credit

Create a consistent daily writing schedule

Online presence with social media

Attend Writing Conference (two posts about my experience: here and here)

Attend Book Expo America - BEA (blogged about it: here)

Visit The Alonquin Hotel to see where the members of The Round Table and other literary giants frequented (here's a link)

Attend a book signing (I've attended a few now: R.L. Stine, Breathless Reads National Tour, Allison Winn Scotch

Read my work in front of a crowd (poetry reading)

Writing Awards: finalist in New York Book Festival & Writers Digest International Self-Published Book Awards

Judge a writing contest (currently judging the Global eBook Awards)


What about you...what's on your Writing Bucket List?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Sims said...

Michelle, I just saw this. Go, girl!

Michelle Reynoso said...

Thanks Elizabeth - it's always a work-in-progress.