Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Inspired Walk

Today I got to thinking about inspiration - what inspires me in life and in my writing. That thought was the impetus for an afternoon walk, in search of inspiration. I went to a favorite spot, a hidden walkway between a park and a college campus. The air was mild, with a light breeze that swept off the low-tide, muddy river, and sun that warmed my wintered skin, and felt amazing.  This came to me as I walked:
Inspired by the beauty of silence (what awakens in the stillness of quiet) and the uncomplicated brilliance of nature.

I captured some images, on my phone; examples of the uncomplicated brilliance of nature - shared in the slideshow below.

This is what inspires me, number one, at the top of the list. Nature.





4 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

Great pictures! Those are definitely inspiring. My daughter and I go for walks almost every day. It's so pretty to just take in nature.

Michelle said...

Thanks Kelly. It's amazing because this morning I'm flowing with ideas. I can't even keep up with them. Writing, art, blog posts...it's a natural high.

Sometimes I get stuck in front of my computer, without taking a break at my full time gig, and it's amazing what an inspired walk can do to clear the cobwebs and get the creativity flowing.

Now the challenge is to keep a consistent flow.

Catherine Stine said...

Very nice! Yes, nature is truly inspiring, and in it, I find new energy and peace. On that note, tomorrow for A to Z, I'll post about forests! Cheers, Catherine

Michelle said...

Thanks Catherine - will be sure to check out your post tomorrow on forests. Have an inspired day!