Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Swift Kick in the A**

I've been a bit remiss in my writing life lately; slow to update the blog, and super slow in adding major revisions to my current work-in-progress. The intent to write lurks in my thoughts daily, but the actual oomph needed to get the work done has been absent.

I know what's going on. Part of it is due to the way the rest of my life has encroached on my writing time. Poor excuse, I know. But the real reason is quite evident to me. I had hoped to be much further along in the process. With all the work and effort I've put in, my plan was to have En in the publishing pipeline already. When it became evident that the book needed even more work, my motivation lagged.

Believe me when I tell you, It is hard to write a book, H-A-R-D. It's sounds like such an easy concept, words on paper = book, but there's so much more to it than that. Even when the story is written, as mine is, it may need further character development, a beefed-up plot, or even story restructuring. And sometimes you just don't know what it is that's missing, just something.

En is close, so very close, but it's still missing a little more, it's missing the sparkle. This weekend, as I spent hours at the hair salon getting a full-head of coloring (have to cover those grays, you know), it came to me: three scenes that just might give the story the little extra that its missing. I've been given a gift, inspiration, motivation to continue.

It's time to stop procrastinating, and start getting back in the game again, and I've decided to use the blog to keep track of my daily efforts -- accountability.

Time to get back on the train, and ride it to the end. I hope you'll stick with me on this journey.

Love you all!

No comments: