Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Writing Health-Our Hands

I found this drafted blog post (below) lurking in my folder. Not sure when I wrote it, but it was some time ago. The concept of the post is just as relevant now, as it was then.

     If we are truly writing as much as we'd all hope to, then we need to pay attention to the health of our all-important-tools - - our hands. We need to manage our workspace, to ensure our hands are not prone to injury, and to keep ourselves writing for a long time. I unfortunately have not been paying attention to this fact and have found my right hand, in particular, hurting. Is it carpal tunnel syndrome -- don't know. But I've put my computer whiz husband to the task and he is working on getting me setup with a docking station that will move my laptop off the corner of my desk allowing me to slip-in a full sized ergonomic keyboard.


     I want to ensure my hands will be healthy enough to write many novels into the future.

I am happy to report that I no longer have the pain in my hand, so the adjustments worked. Still, I wanted to share. Keep those hands healthy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I think you've encapsulated the mission of this blog and our challenge.