Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Book Review - 1225 Christmas Tree Lane

1225 Christmas Tree Lane (Cedar Cove) By: Debbie Macomber

1225 Christmas Tree LaneI was curious – that’s the reason I picked up this book. I had never read a Debbie Macomber book, and yet I am on her mailing list – funny, right. Debbie Macomber has a huge fan base. She is a very prolific writer, and I admire her clean, clear, concise and from the heart marketing campaigns.

So what did I think of the book? I liked it! I can understand why Debbie Macomber has so many fans. 1225 Christmas Tree Lane was poignant, and it read like a literary soap opera. The characters were engaging, and believe me there are a lot of characters. Most of the book revolves around simple storylines of each of the characters but they are all tied in to the main character, Beth Morehouse, and orphaned puppies in need of homes. It’s a feel good book, best described as a good “beach read”.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for novice blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.
My site :: Strompreise vergleichen

Michelle said...

The best advice would be to use social media to connect with potential readers. There are so many options now, but try to link several together when you can, that way you update one and it updates all of them. Twitter is a great way to add followers. Twitter follows seem to follow much more quickly than any other for me. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, this was really useful. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Are you amused by means of exchanging inbound links?

Michelle said...

Not sure I understand you last comment Anonymous?