Monday, January 30, 2012

ABNA 2012 - I'm in!

I've been saying it for years...I'm going to send in an entry to the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA). Well, I finally did it. There was some feverish work at the end to complete last minute edits, and fine-tune my query, all the while I was hoping to make the deadline. I was worried that the contest might fill-up before I was done. But no, I made it. Yippee!


Now the lengthy process begins.  The waiting and the cuts. I hate waiting. I hate cuts. I'm trying to quell the urge to keep tweaking the manuscript. It's times like these that I wish I had a magic timepiece that would allow me to jump ahead...just to find out the results...did I make it to the next round, or not.
 
Time to distract myself, and move on to other projects so I'll avoid last minute neurotic edits. So it's on to drafting the next book (yay!), and developing my marketing plan (super-yay!)...and waiting.
 

No comments: