Friday, October 21, 2011

Book Review - Succubus Blues

Book Review - Succubus Blues
by Richelle Mead

I'm not usually a fan of the hot  & sexy stories that offer pure erotica and not much story line. And the whole premise of this story gave me pause. Imagine my added concern when I looked-up the definition of "succubus" on Dictionary.com:
suc·cu·bus   /ˈsʌkyəbəs/ Show Spelled[suhk-yuh-buhs] Show IPAnoun, plural -bi  /-ˌbaɪ/ Show Spelled[-bahy] Show IPA.1.a demon in female form, said to have sexual intercourse with men in their sleep.
2. any demon or evil spirit.

3. a strumpet or prostitute.

Yep, I thought I had this whole booked pegged, but then I started reading the reviews, many which offered insight into the storyline. It had promise. So I gave it a try, and yes, its true. This book is steamy in parts (not for kids, definitely an adult read) but it also had strong characters and a good story. And I love the fact that the whole concept is believable, in other words, the story and the characters are setup in such a way that even if there wasn't a supernatural element, their situations and problems are relatable.

This was my first Richelle Mead book, and it has made me a fan. I see now why her books are so popular.

Recommended read for adults and fans of paranormal/supernatural.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackson, if you are a new internet user then you must visit daily this web page and read the updated content at at this place.