Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Review - The Haunted School (Goosebumps)

Book Review - The Haunted School (Goosebumps)

by R.L. Stine


Another Goosebumps installment, The Haunted School is probably one of my favorites in the series so far. But I decided to do something different on this review, and ask my son his thoughts on the book, since we read it together. My son is eight and in third grade. So, what follows are his responses to my questions about the book.

What did you like about the book?
I liked the different colors {one world represented in color and the other only in black & white-Grayworld}. I like how they {Tommy & Ben} turn back to normal, the girl {Thalia} hiding her secret, and when they {the two boys} got out & looked in the mirror with a gasp.

What would you change in the story, if anything?

I would have liked to have seen the kids change into the black zombies or the dark kids sneak into the school {the good part of Grayworld} & have them try to get in to the portal of the real school. Then have Tommy turn into a zombie, and have Tommy's friend {Ben}save the world from the dark zombies taking over.

What you recommend this book to other kids?

Yes, of course! Absolutely, super duper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, this was really useful. thanks!