Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ideas for Novels in My Future

Years ago, when I first started thinking about writing novels as a career, I used to worry that I wouldn't have enough ideas to get me past the first novel. I thought, what if this novel is the only GREAT idea I had. And now? This morning I was driving in to work, and another great novel idea hit me. I say another, because I probably have 5-6 solid ideas to carry me through the next 5-6 novels. And that's excluding sequels to the novel I'm working on now. And every few months another fantastic idea hits me. These are not just passing fancies. No, I'm talking about the whole beginning of the novel comes to me, the exact wording of how it starts and then there's a flash and I sense the whole novel that follows. I know, it sounds weird, to sense the rest of the novel. But its a feeling, a knowing that this idea is complete, and exciting, and doable. I've drafted plots in a flurry of words, character ideas, twists, etc. Sometimes I can't write it down fast enough, like this morning. The ideas are there, ready to develop. That's the fun part.

Now I worry about finding the time to write these great novels.

2 comments:

Dorian C Randall said...

I totally know what you mean. I've got about 6 in my head and working on 2 at the same time! Be proud to be you and God bless! Oh, and thanks for this blog!

Michelle said...

Thanks Dorian!