Monday, August 01, 2011

Book Review - Divergent

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy)Book Review - Divergent

When I first started Divergent, I was concerned & unsure if this dystopian story would offer something new and unique, but my concerns were soon proven unfounded.  This book is good, really good. When you start reading, give it a few chapters to simmer in your brain, and I promise the story will start to grow on you. It did for me, and then I couldn't put it down! 486 pages goes really fast. At the end, I wanted more story. Lucky for me this is the first book in a planned trilogy - yippee!

Divergent follows the main character, Beatrice, as she maneuvers her way through discovering her place in a dystopian version of Chicago, choosing a faction to align herself to, and ultimately uncovering much more than she bargained for. This story is a fast read with both action and romance.

Highly recommended for YA readers (14 and above) with great crossover appeal for the adult market as well.

No comments: