Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review - Angelfire

Book Review - Angelfire
by Courtney Allison Moulton

Angelfire had a good, solid story with a kick-ass, no nonsense main character who is just understanding her true potential as a warrior against evil. I liked the unique take on angels and demons and the evils that go bump in the night. It was an easy read with action, a budding romance, and lot's of evil monster-type characters closing in. 

Angelfire (Angelfire (Hardcover - Trilogy))On the downside, I felt the story was missing a couple things for me. First, it needed a stronger emotional connection to the outlying characters. Ellie, the main character, is well-defined, as is Will, but the supporting characters are less so. Second, Ellie was constantly asking questions both of herself and of others, which got a bit annoying after awhile for me. I wish the author had found different ways to unfold the answers of her past and of this world instead of always relying on her asking questions.

All in all this debut novel was an interesting read. I think YA Paranormal romance fans will enjoy this story.

No comments: