Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Writing Bucket List

There was an article in the September issue of Writers Digest by Elizabeth Sims titled, "10 Things For Every Writer's Bucket List". And there were some interesting items on the list, but it got me thinking about what I should have on my own Writing Bucket List. So here's my list, at least the beginning of my list. I'll be addint to it, I'm sure. At the bottom, I've included things that would have been on the list had I not already done them.

My Writing Bucket List as of 7/27/11
  • Finish Novel (almost there!)
  • Sign Literary Agent
  • Publishing Contract for above named Novel
  • Attend a Writing Retreat
  • Transition to full-time writing career
  • New York Times Bestsellers List
  • Walk into unknown bookstore and see my Published Book there
  • 2nd, 3rd, 4th...Novels
  • Have my own Book Signing (and a crowd in attendance)
  • Travel the world & see how the different locales influence my writing 
  • Writing Award
  • Attend screening of movie version of my book
  • Start Writing Grant/Scholarship fund - 1 for writers any age, 1 for high school students
  • Travel to high schools & talk to young adults about writing

And here are the things I've already done:
  • See my name in print with publishing credit
  • Create a consistant daily writing schedule
  • Online presence with social media
  • Attend Writing Conference (two posts about my experience: here and here)
  • Attend Book Expo America - BEA (blogged about it: here)
  • Visit The Alonquin Hotel to see where the members of The Round Table and other literary giants frequented (here's a link)
  • Attend a book signing (I've attended a few now: R.L. Stine, Breathless Reads National Tour, Allison Winn Scotch
  • Read my work in front of a crowd (poetry reading)
What about you...what's on your Writing Bucket List?

3 comments:

Elizabeth Sims said...

Hey Michelle, I'm glad my piece got you to thinking. I like your list! Best wishes.

Michelle said...

Thanks Elizabeth - Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I cant get sufficient of this blog. Sorry i have not commented til now, but im lazy. Just wanted to eventually say thank you.