Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Get Healthy with The Presidents Challenge


Photo: Courtesy of
The Presidents Challenge
Writers do a lot of sitting. And sometimes snacking as work. Which doesn't bode well for our waistlines or our physical health. Writers are immobile for long stretches, not moving our bodies much except for our fingers. So it's important for those of us that are writers to make sure that we are also adding exercise to our schedules.
For years, I would have told you that I didn't have time to exercise. I would
have used the argument that time at the gym was time away from working on my next masterpiece. Actually, I did say that to my husband on many occasions. PHOOEY! - I say now. It's all just talk. For the last few months I have proven myself wrong. Not only am I still writing everyday, but I'm also going to the gym 5 days per week. I'm making time to get myself healthy.

So I would encourage all my friends to do the same, writers and non-writers alike. We all want to be around a long time, don't we?!

Here's a great place to start if you need a little motivation: Presidential Active Lifestyle Award. This is an excellent program that helps you set goals, log-in your progress, and actually qualify for an award. Or if you are already super active, try the Presidential Champions program. For me, it's help reinvigorated my exercise motivation...hope it helps you too!

I'll be thinking about you when I head to the gym tomorrow. Will you join me in getting healthy?

No comments: