Monday, May 23, 2011

River Cleanup 2011

Here's a picture of me at a local river cleanup this weekend; doing my part to help keep the parks clean. The weather was perfect and a nice sized crowd showed-up. Lot's and lot's of garbage was pulled out of the woods and from the river bank. It's amazing how much glass winds up on the shore, and a shame that so many people find it easy to throw their garbage outside instead of into the garbage cans. 

I took my son with me for the second year in a row. I wish all kids (and parents alike) had that same kind of enthusiasm that he has for keeping the world clean.

It's a small effort, but it's those small efforts that collectively add up to significant impacts on the environment. I'm glad I participated, and can't wait to do it again real soon.

No comments: