Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review - Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre (Optimized for Kindle)Book Review - Jane Eyre 
by Charlotte Bronte

It's interesting to reread a book that you haven't picked up in years and compare how the memory of it stands-up to the reread. Jane Eyre didn't disappoint; it's a classic for a reason. My one strongest memory of the book from the original read was the storyline between Jane and Mr. Rochester. THAT was what I remembered most, and the storyline I looked forward to reading. I forgot how much happens to Jane throughout the novel that is disconnected to that storyline. It was almost like I was reading it for the first time!

The impetus for picking up Jane Eyre again, nearly twenty three years after the first read, was to cleanse my Young Adult (YA) reading palette. Jane Eyre was YA, long before YA was even a genre. What I love about the way Charlotte Bronte writes is that every word is perfect. Her sentences are beautifully written, elegant, and spot-on perfect. Yes, there are societal differences between then and now, but the essence of the characters are timeless.

Loved the reread! Most definitely recommended for YA and Adult readers alike.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I really loved reading this weblog put up, I used to be simply itching to know do you trade featured posts? I'm at all times trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I might ask.

Anonymous said...

Very own Intro
Howdy, a pal just told myself relating to this discussion board so i thought i would appear and consider a look and expose me, Seems to be an incredible web site with a ton of affiliates!

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle said...

@Anonymous#1...are you thinking of a guest post? If so, let me know what you had in mind. Send an email to mtr (at) michellereynoso.com

Anonymous said...

I like it very much!