Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reading a Book in Character

My son brought home a book today from his school library, Davy Crockett, The Legendary Frontiersman by James Howard Kunstler. Wow-what a strong voice this book has, it was so easy to slip into a southern drawl while I was reading it to him; which made reading the story to him so much fun! My acting background came into play immediatly. And I think it made the material come to life for my son too.

Have you read any books lately that made you slip into character while reading it?

5 comments:

Samantha said...

My granddaughter has lately become enamored of the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have Junie's smarty-pants 6-year old voice down pat.

Samantha said...

My granddaughter has lately become enamored of the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have Junie B's smarty-pants 6-year old voice down pat.

Michelle said...

Love it! I bet your granddaughter enjoys the extra character in your reading too.

Anonymous said...

Lost access to e-mail as a result of closed e-mail?

Michelle said...

@Anonymous - not really sure what your comment means, please clarify?