Friday, April 15, 2011

General end-of-week musings 4-15-11

So I needed a break from modern YA reading and picked up a favorite classic that I've been meaning to reread, Jane Eyre. As I read, I'm reminded why I love this book so much. There isn't one word out of place. Every word is exact, and natural, and beautiful. This is what well-written literature should strive to be. And not only that, but it is engaging at the same time. This book is cleansing my reading palate; exactly what I needed!

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've started going to the gym. It's been over a month, and the act of getting to the gym has now become a habit. And it feels great! BUT, and there is a big but here, I've dropped some of the consistancy in my writing. So now I need to somehow find balance with the two. I'm hoping that I can work to find that balance over the next few weeks.

I realized last night that I'm itching to work on some new material, but there are about 30 pages of my current manuscript that still stand unready. I need to push through and get this manuscript done, so I can refresh my writing palate with some new stuff. So, that is my focus, to push through and finish this final revision and finally get it out for submission and then move on to something new. At least until it comes time for more rewrites. :)

That's it for this week. I wish you all a wonderfully productive and restful weekend. Happy writing and reading!

No comments: