Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Book Review - Radiance

Book ReviewRadiance by Alyson Noel
RadianceThis was an impulse buy, I'll admit it. I actually hadn't heard of this book before seeing it on the shelves at I my son's school book fair, but I'm so glad I got it. It's a short book, only 178 pages, a far cry from some of the mammoth novels I've read in the past. But still the story was all there, even in just those 178 pages. It reminds me of the tv show "Dead Like Me", but for kids. The main character, Riley, is twelve years old, and she is dead. She resides in the afterlife but soon realizes that she must take on a job, and her job ends up being as a Soul Catcher.

I guess the biggest thing that struck me about this book was how tight the storyline was in these pages. Things that could have been left unexplained were adeptly included. Alyson Noel is so skilled in her style and language that she guides readers effortlessly, leaving nothing to question.

Great story, well-defined characters, and I'm itching to read the sequel!

Recommended read for middle-grade readers and higher.

Here's a link to a trailer for the book posted on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m33IWIUF197FI5/ref=ent_fb_link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I loved this work in this web page, you are standing up with knowledge! This web site is much enlightening!
I´m Andrea, from Rome, and I am going to be a follower of this page, My interests may be boring but I say them anyway I adore reading as well as sports in general, and I also listen a lot Radiohead on my parties, I´m single at the moment so male users....just kidding :)! I once tried online dating It did not work out very well....
I made this comment because as I previously said I really like your page I also have a web community just as you, but mine is vey different from yours, it is about no deposit poker bonus....:)
I will also apologize for my language it was the only way I get to communicate with you....Good morning to you all, See ya

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Cheers!

My blog post www.bookcrossing.com