Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Signing Fun - Breathless Reads Book Tour

Last night I was at the Breathless Reads Book Tour in NYC and I got to meet five of the most amazing authors...Kirsten Miller (The Eternal Ones), Brenna Yovanoff (The Replacement), Andrea Cremer (Nightshade), Ally Condie (Matched) and Beth Revis (Across The Universe) ... swoon! As an author trying to get where they are at, it was inspirational to listen to these ladies speak. They were gracious and honest in their answers to questions from the crowd.

And I wasn't the only one there; the room was packed! People spilled out into the bookstore, standing room only. Now that's how you fill an event. And the energy in the room was amazing! There was an eclectic mix of fans, book bloggers, and agents, ranging from teenagers to adults.

I had planned on taking pictures of the event, but I couldn't see over the sea of fans that were ahead of me (and I'm short so it's not hard to tower over me). Plus my arms were full of books and swag. So instead, I opted for pictures of the stuff I brought home...and here it is...                                                                        


And the tour continues. If you live in any of these areas, I recommend you take the trip to visit these ladies. Here's the rest of The Breathless Reads Tour schedule:

Minneapolis, MN – Thursday, February 10
Hennepin County Public Library (Ridgedale Branch), 7 pm

Denver, CO – Friday, February 11
Tattered Cover (Highlands Ranch), 7 pm

Salt Lake City, UT – Saturday, February 12
King’s English Bookshop, 2 pm

Raleigh, NC – Friday, February 25
Quail Ridge Books and Music, 7 pm

1 comment:

The BooKrushers said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to the event in Raleigh next week and can't wait! ;)