Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I am an E-Reader now!


I am finally an official e-reader! Yep, I got a Kindle for Christmas and  I absolutely love it. I've already downloaded two books (not including my own book, Do You?, in e-format) and I started reading last night. And here it is, here's a picture of my baby, my new kindle.


So will I continue to buy paper books? You bet! Some books I will need to have in my collection as actual books, my favorites. And as I've mentioned before, I love bookstore and I cannot spend time in a bookstore without buying something, and usually its more than just something. Remember that trip where I came out with two huge bags of books? Exactly! 

So what did I download so far to the Kindle? Well, this is the coolest part. I was able to download a copy of Midnight Sun from Stephenie Myer's website. You know, Twilight from Edward's perspective. Since someone had pirated the book before it was complete, Stephenie decided to make the draft available to fans. So that's what I'm reading now.

The Unsuspecting Mage: Book One of The Morcyth SagaThe other book I have waiting for me is The Unsuspecting Mage by Brian S. Pratt. This guy's personal story is amazing and I HAD to download his book to see what all the hubbub is about. Here's a blurb about Brian's success from Smashwords founder Mark Coker.
"...Pratt began publishing with Smashwords in early 2009. His first quarterly royalty payment was $7.82. While most authors would find that number discouraging, Pratt was encouraged. It was a start.
In the quarters since, Pratt’s earnings have grown, and in recent quarters he’s become a veritable breakout success. Last quarter, he earned over $18,000 from sales across the Smashwords retail distribution network. This quarter, with three weeks to go, he’s on track to break $25,000. He’s on track to earn over $100,000 in 2011 at Smashwords, and up to $200,000 total when he includes his projected Amazon sales."
Here's a link to the full article on Teleread if you're interested: Smashwords Author Brian S. Pratt to Earn over $100,000 in 2011

And there are so many more books I want to add to my Kindle. Squee - I am super excited!



Products mentioned:

No comments: