Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Book Review - No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon


No Mercy (Dark-Hunter)This was my first Sherrilyn Kenyon book so I didn't know what to expect as far as story and writing style, and immediately found myself immersed in a world of paranormal romance & urban fantasy. No Mercy is a New York Times & USA Today Bestseller.

Here's my take on some of the Pros and Cons as a first time reader of the Dark Hunter series.
Pros: I enjoyed the attraction between Dev & Sam and found myself wanting more of that element of the story. The sexual tension is well-done and its nice to see a strong female character in the lead role.
Cons: There were moments in the story that I felt were rushed and could have been explored in more detail. I also found it hard to keep track of so many characters with such varied and complex backgrounds, but since this story is an offshoot of so many other stories, followers of Ms. Kenyon's work would probably not have the same issue.

As a side note, I found the author's story inspiring. To see someone who has been able to rise above the challenges and prove the naysayers wrong gives the rest of us hope that its possible. And for that, eventhough this book has not made it onto my favorites list, I would pick up another of her stories in the future.

Note: This book is not for younger readers as there is strong sexual content.



No comments: