Monday, October 25, 2010

Revision Frenzy

Last week I slacked off a bit and didn't get nearly as much writing done as I should have, so this week is going to be a Revision Frenzy. I am determined to get a huge chunk completed by October 31st.

And can I admit I'm a bit torn about what to do come November 1st. I want to create this rough first draft for my next book during NaNoWriMo and yet I still have this huge task of finishing revisions of the current novel. My husband thinks I should skip the new story and stick with the old story. And he has a valid point. I DO want to get it done already. But last year's NaNoWriMo proved to be such a huge success for me in that I had this great first draft in 30 days. My plan this year was to have the next book at least in rough draft form so once I start submitting book 1 to agents, then I can already be starting revisions on a book two at the same time.

And then I started thinking, well can I do both? I must be crazy. C-R-A-Z-Y! To even think that. Both projects on their own are time intensive enough.

I'm not really sure what to do, other than revise like crazy this week and see where I'm at on Sunday.

No comments: