Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

Only 12 more days until NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month of November. Last year I completed the task, and this year I'm hoping for a repeat performance.

I've pulled two ideas from my writing board as potentials for this year's novel. The next step in preparation is to draft two brief outlines and then decide which book I'll work on.

And I'm super psyched with the progress I've made on the revisions from last year's novel. I was hoping to have revisions done before this year's event, but it's not quite ready yet. I'll keep working on it until October 31st and then it's going to collect dust for 30 days.

And, by the way, I'm looking for writing buddies for this year's event. My handle on the NaNoWriMo website is michcarl. Anyone looking to buddy up?

4 comments:

Erin Skelly Cameron said...

Michelle, I will be doing NaNo and I would love to be writing buddies! My handle is eskelly.

Michelle said...

Thanks Erin...I just added you. Can't wait to get started, again! Let's raise a glass to another successful NaNo year. Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! I have joined the "Wisconsin - everywhere else" group only because we don't have a group moderator in the Fond du Lac area. My screen name is 'countrymusicfan' (don't hate me for that. BTW, contrary to popular belief, Country Music in NOT an oxymoron!)

Sure, let's be buddies! Good luck to you this November.

Kevin

Michelle said...

Hey Kevin - Nice to meet you! I just added you as a buddy. Only 10 more days until we get started on this wild and crazy adventure. Yee-haw! (added that last part for you.