Monday, October 18, 2010

Ghost Stories with R.L. Stine

Ghost Beach (Classic Goosebumps)R.L. Stine was telling ghost stories and signing books this past Saturday in New York City. That's a picture of my son standing next to R.L. Stine with a signed copy of Ghost Beach. My son is a huge fan of the Goosebumps series; I think I've mentioned a few times how much he enjoys the books. Needless to say we both had a blast. It was my first time meeting Mr. Stine, who was great with the kids -  very entertaining and he took the time with each person that waited to meet him. The highlight for my son was that he got to participate in the ghost story part by offering a character name for one of the stories (Bella - no not from twilight, but the name of the pet spider in his classroom at school). Highlight number two is that he got to buy another book in the series, plus get it signed, meet the author AND pose for a picture. He couldn't wait to get to school today to tell his teacher and share the experience with his class.

I love that my son and I were able to share this awesome experience. And someday, I'm hoping that I'll be able to do the same thing with my stories. The energy that emanates from a room full of kids excited about reading is a great kind of energy.

No comments: