Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Book Review: The Pact by Jodi Picoult

This book came to me from a co-worker, The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Of course I've heard of Jodi Picoult, who hasn't right, but it was the first book I've read by her. I was also intrigued because the story is set in NH and the author is also from NH, which is where I grew up.
The Pact: A Love Story [PACT] [Mass Market Paperback]

When I first started the book, I wasn't sure if I would be into it because it took a little bit to build the story (and I was itching to start reading another book I have on my shelf). But once I got into the story, maybe 1/4 in, I found it to be an engaging read with strong characters. The format is setup where you are going back and forth between the present and the past, seeing where the characters are now and also seeing how they got that way. In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I would read another Jodi Picoult book.

What I particularly like is how she set up the story so you thought you could figure out what might happen next and then she'd throw in a twist. Recommended reading for lovers of crime drama intertwined with a love story. It's an adult read, as there are some sex scenes that may not be appropriate for younger readers. All-in-all I would recommend it.

No comments: