Thursday, September 09, 2010

Top Ten Online Social Media/Marketing Resources - That I Use

Today's top ten list is...

The Top Ten Online Social Media/Marketing Resources - That I Use

1. Blogspot (the home of this blog - My Writing Life: http://www.michellereynoso.blogspot.com/)

Facebook For Dummies2. Facebook (I like the "fan page" feature and the fact that it can be separate from my personal facebook site: Fan page)

3. Twitter - I love the chats, and the ability to follow industry professionals that otherwise would be inaccessible. My twitter handle is michcarlky. My favorite chat hashtags include: #kidlitchat, #YALITCHAT, #amwriting, #nanowrimo,

4. Wix.com - (websites - I started with one of their templates and then tweaked the design to meet my needs. If you're curious to see what I did with it, here's a link to my website: http://www.michellereynoso.com/)

5. WritersMarket.com - great resource to organize submissions/search listings for book publishers, magazines, contests, literary agents, greeting card publishers, screenwriting markets, playwriting markets, conferences, newspapers, online publications, syndicates, and organizations.
2011 Writer's Market

6. Writers Digest Community - This is a great place to network in special interest groups specific to writers. My page

7. Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI) - A must membership for anyone involved in children's books (including young adult). Networking, conferences, grants & awards. Here's my member profile.

8. Google Analytics - Ever wonder how many people visit your website? This is the tool you need to answer that question. It also helps you understand how people hear about you, which pages are the most popular on your website, etc. 

Do You?9. Amazon - List e-books and have your information listed on an author page. Here's a link to my e-book, Do You?

10. Yahoo  - for customized email (mtr@michellereynoso.com)

No comments: