Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Writers and Money

I've been thinking a lot lately about how writers support themselves in this industry. It's one of my goals...to become a full time writer, but the flip side is making it work financially. So I thought it would be a good time to post information about that very topic.

Last year there was a good post that came out entitled, How Authors Get Paid. I blogged about it, and it's worth another read.

Laurie Purdie Salas does an annual post on How Much Does A Writer Make. Interesting to see how many different avenues she uses to make enough money to support herself.

Here's another good post How Much Does a Science Fiction or Fantasy Writer Make?

This one is a bit of a reality check for those that think writers are rolling in the dough: The Reality of a Times Bestseller

In the end, writing has to be a passion for sure. And if you follow your passion and put the work behind it, I believe a writer can make it work.

No comments: