- Did I do the work? Yes, I revised every day except 4 days in the whole 40 day period. Not bad, for sticking to a schedule.
- Did I revise 1,000 words per day? Yes, and some days a bit more.
- I didn't just revise once and move on. Instead, I took my time with every paragraph, every sentence, and every word. I worked the text until it felt right, which meant revising the same section one, two, three, even four days in a row.
- I went back and started revising from the beginning of the story. So instead of only having to revise 39,550, I was actually revising 54,000 words.
- I've deleted a lot of text, and added text too. When I deleted words I counted it as part of my revision count because I had to read it, understand it, and then decide if it was needed or not.
So, I know that I've taken just the right amount of time to get it done right. And I'm on a roll. I plan on continuing my revision schedule, and shoot for revising 1,000 words per day. And if I accomplish the same amount that I've accomplished thus far, then I will be 3/4 done with this revision in a month and a half. By the beginning of fall, I'll be done.
So here I go, excited and focused with a goal in hand. I'll keep you all posted!