Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Bookstore Trip

Pretties (Uglies Trilogy, Book 2)
I went for a B&N trip yesterday at lunch and picked up Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (the follow-up to Uglies). I started reading it right away - It was nice to get back to the series after a few week's hiatus. It  has picked up right where the first story left off, and I'm already really into it. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Goosebumps: How I Learned To Fly
And of course I had to pick up a new Goosebumps book for my son. This time I found one that is a bit of a departure from the scary themes that are usually in the books. This one has a story that is so pertinent for my son that I could tell he was instantly drawn to it: "How I Learned to Fly" by R.L. Stine. We started reading it while waiting for a dr. appointment last night and my son was already begging me to read more. At bedtime, he gave me the puppy dog face to try to convince me to just read "one more chapter, pleeeaaaase." I love that this series gets him so excited! How could I say no to that!

No comments: