Monday, June 14, 2010

The Camping Countdown Starts

I am super psyched because there's less than one month before our annual family camping trip. This is my one vacation away from everything and I look forward to it every year. I love waking up to the sounds of nature, watching the ducks traipse through the campsite looking for scraps, and getting the coffee ready over the coleman stove. At night, we scour the land for wood for the fire, throw on some hamburgers and hot dogs, and then roast marshmallows and make smores.

This year we're renting a small RV instead of sleeping in a tent since the past two years it has rained on our trips. Hopefully the rain will stay away this year. But either way, we're ready! These precious few days are a great opportunity to live without the t.v. and internet, and instead to pull out the board games and go for hikes. The family time is quality time. And, since I'm the first one up, I get some great writing done in the mornings too. I'll bring a hard copy of my manuscript and chisel away at the revisions that I still have pending.

So now I count the days...26 days until camping.

No comments: