Friday, May 28, 2010

SUPER SUMMER CONTEST - 2010


SUPER SUMMER CONTEST - 2010

 
Are you looking for a good summer read? Well this contest is for you...the Super Summer Contest 2010 has a three book prize package - all signed by the authors! And in addition, we've included a Barnes & Noble giftcard and a Starbucks giftcard too. So if you need a good read for the beach, the park, or the pool, here's how to enter...


Add a comment to this post with your entry categories and the total number of entries by June 6, 2010 (midnight).
+1 Become a blog follower (or current follower)
+1 Tell-a-Friend about the contest
+1 Tweet the contest
+1 Become a facebook follower (or current follower)

Winners will be chosen at random from all the entries received. The prize package includes: Signed copies of the following books...The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch, From Where The Rivers Come by Terin Tashi Miller, and An Unfinished House by K Patrick Malone. And there's more... a $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card and a $10 Starbucks Gift Card.

Book Details:_______________________________________________________
The One That I Want: A Novel
Signed copy of The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch (New York Times Bestselling Author) - releasing June 1, 2010

What if you woke up one day to all your dreams coming true...but those dreams were more like nightmares? Tilly Farmer is thirty-two years old and has the perfect life she always dreamed of: married to her high school sweetheart, working as a school guidance counselor, trying for a baby. Perfect. But one sweltering afternoon at the local fair, everything changes. Tilly wanders into a fortune teller's tent and meets an old childhood friend, who offers her more than just a reading. "I'm giving you the gift of clarity," her friend says. "It's what I always thought you needed." And soon enough, Tilly starts seeing things: her alcoholic father relapsing, staggering out of a bar with his car keys in hand; her husband uprooting their happy, stable life, a packed U-Haul in their driveway. And even more disturbing, these visions start coming true. Suddenly Tilly's perfect life, so meticulously mapped out, seems to be crumbling around her. And as she furiously races to keep up with - and hopefully change - her destiny, she faces the question: Which life does she want? The one she's carefully nursed for decades, or the one she never considered possible? What if you could see into the future? Would you want to know what fate has in store?


From Where The Rivers ComeSigned copy of From Where the Rivers Come by Terin Tashi Miller 

Meetha Sharma, an Indian woman who attracts the affections of more than one young American student in Benares, desires to be like her American friends. But her desire has consequences, including for the traditional Hindu musician to whom she was promised when she was 13. “From Where The Rivers Come” received honorable mention recognition at the 2010 Paris Book Festival in the fiction category and the 2009 New York Book Festival, the London Book Festival and New England Book Festival.

An Unfinished HouseSigned copy of An Unfinished House by K Patrick Malone

Steel yourselves readers, because nothing you have ever read can prepare you for An Unfinished House, K. Patrick Malone's most harrowing and uncompromising foray yet into the darkness of both the natural and supernatural, and New York Book Festival 2009 Fiction First Runner Up. Michael Golden, a hard working, every man builder and family man comes home from work one evening to find that his shy home maker wife has been killed in a car accident leaving him with two small children in the historic old colonial house they'd just bought. But something no one could have ever imagined happens when an outlaw biker arrives on his doorstep with a secret so devastating that it rocks An Unfinished House and those who live there to the very core of their existence; tearing the face off of human emotion and redefining the meaning of the word "love" with a haunting that will peel the paint off your walls and an ending that will leave you . . .shattered.
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

16 comments:

Jane Steen said...

The form didn't work because it wanted me to log in. Huh? Anyway, I'm already a follower of your blog, I tweeted the contest and I shared it with my 300+ Facebook friends...

Michelle said...

@Jane - Thanks for entering. I'm trying a new company with the entry form so it looks like there may be kinks. Let check it out. In the meantime, I've added "comments" as applicable entry into the contest, and you are officially entered. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Okay Jane, you should get another point, because you got me to look at this page. Sherryanne

Michelle said...

@ Jane - you rock!

@Sherryanne - thanks for stopping by!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the heads-up, the entry form was disfunctional, so I'm reverting back to the traditional enter-via-comment section. The instructions in the post have been updated...leave a comment with your # of entries and you're entered into the contest. Thanks!

Tonja said...

Michelle, I'm officially entering the contest..via Jane. 1 point for entering, 1 point for becoming a follower on FB. I'll also post this in my FB to share with my (meager) number of friends. I am just getting interested in writing (have 2 novels floating around in my head) and will be very keen to read your blog and gain any insights that I can.

Anonymous said...

I am a follower of this blog and really like your giveaway.

CarolNWong@aol.com

Samantha said...

OK, I've (1) started following your blog, (2) tweeted a link to the contest, (3) have printed out the blog to share with with my year-round NaNoWriMo writing group at our meeting tonight, (4) and updated my profile on facebook.

Leanne Wheeler said...

Hi Michelle, fun contest - heard about it through LinkedIn (Writers Helping Writers).
1 - became a follower
2 - tweeted the contest
3 - posted it as my facebook status
4 - became a fan on FB

Wish me luck!
Leanne

Patricia A. Hawkenson said...

I have cleared a path to my mailbox so you can send my prize anytime! Tweeted to 1600+ followers and Facebook post. Good luck with this contest. I hope it brings you many new followers.

Katherine Harms said...

I am now a faithful follower, I have tweeted your contest and put out the word on my Facebook page as well, I liked your fan page, and here I am, ready to collect my winnings. I am so glad to meet you.

Michelle said...

It's nice to see current followers and new followers at the same time. I look forward to chatting with you all. In the meantime...Welcome!

Julie Achterhoff said...

What a great contest. These look like high quality books!
Julie

Michelle said...

And the winner is...Samantha! Congratulations - email your address to: mtr@michellereynoso.com so I can send your prizes to you.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Samantha said...

How perfect - my birthday is Wednesday, so winning the contest is the perfect start to my birthday week.

Thank you again.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Samantha! :)