Friday, May 07, 2010

Bye Bye Revision Blahs

For those of you who read yesterday's blog, you know I was in a revision slump. I just did not feel like doing it, end of story. But the good news is that instead of giving in to the blahs, I forced myself to start. I told myself it was ok to just get through 500 words and then I could make up another 500 today. Well the trickery worked, because once I started, the words were flowing faster than ever. I revised 1,255 words in under 45 minutes. That's a record for me I think. If I didn't have a full time job commitment and need sleep to function, I would have continued into the wee hours of the night.

Let's hope for some more quality revising today!

2 comments:

beth said...

Hurrah! Hope it went well!

Me, I just spent four hours re-writing Chapter 1...so my revision blahs are in full swing ;)

Michelle said...

@Beth - If only every night of revising went so well I'd be done in no time! But alas sometimes it's so slow, I agonize over the same paragraphs over and over again until it feels right.

Good luck with your revisions! I'll send the revising muse your way. :)