Wednesday, May 05, 2010

BooksTo Movies - Which Ones Work and Which Ones Don't

I think it's always interesting to see how a book transitions into a movie. Most times, I think the books are better, sometimes I feel that each are good in their own right, but rarely do I feel a movie is better than a book.  Here's my take on a few of my favorites...

I think most Stephen King books are much better than the movies. There's something about Stephen King's books that don't translate well into film.

The Lord of The Rings trilogy - Peter Jackson made the books come alive and created artistic genious in the movies.

The Lovely Bones - movie & book equally moving, I was on the edge of my seat watching the movie and I already knew what was going to happen!

The Twilight Saga - Books are better, but movies can stand on their own.

The Harry Potter series - The first two movies were a little tame, but then Bam! they picked up after that.

Eragon - movie sucked, book rocks

No comments: