Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Setting My Goals Publicly

I am determined to finish revisions on my novel. I've been pushing myself to do revisions a little bit per day, but I think I need to bump up my game. If I can write a 50,000 draft in 30 days with NaNoWriMo, then I can certainly revise 39,550 words in little over a month. So in an effort to give myself a swift kick in the butt, here's what I'm planning on doing to make this happen...
  • I've revised 14,426 so far leaving me 39,550 to go. I'm setting my goal at revising 1,000 words per day which means I should finish revisions in 40 (rounded) days.
  • I will refrain from farming on Farmville so as not to waste precious minutes of revising time.
  • I will carry a hard copy of my manuscript with me during the day so I can revise on my lunch breaks.
  • I will find a quiet, non-tv occupied room in which to work to avoid distractions.
Ahhhhh, I feel more focused already. I'm up to 655 words revised, so let me get back to my manuscript so I can reach 1,000 words today.

Have you written down your writing/revising goals? Anyone want to share?

No comments: