Friday, April 30, 2010

Next on the Bookshelf

I took a trip to the bookstore yesterday and walked out with two books, one for my son and one for me. If I had carte blanche I would have walked out with an armload of books, because as I perused the shelves I saw so many titles that are on my "to read" list!

The Midnight CharterWhat am I reading now? I'm finishing up an ARC copy that I never got around to reading when I got it last September called, "The Midnight Charter" by David Whitley. Very interesting read, check out the editorial reviews on Amazon. 

Uglies, The Collector's Set: Uglies, Pretties, Specials, ExtrasNext on my reading list will be one of the two books I picked up yesterday, "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld. I've heard lot's of talk about this series, but I'll be honest I never felt inclined to buy it because the title turned me off. But...my brother and sister-in-law and their daughter have all read it and raved about it, so I bought a copy yesterday. It's next on the list!

Goosebumps: The Beast From The EastAnd I just had to get another Goosebumps book (by R.L. Stine)for my son. He's hooked on the series. This time I got him "The Beast From The East". And we've already started reading it as a bedtime story.

No comments: