Monday, April 26, 2010

Goosebumps for Kids

My son has library time at school, and last week he came home with a book from R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series. He knew about the Goosebumps stories because we've seen a few of the movies, but this was the first book that we'd read together.

From the first page, my son was hooked. Everytime we'd complete a chapter, he begged me to keep reading. He tried to guess what was coming next, and he couldn't wait to see what would happen to the monster in the story.

The power of a good book is powerful for a young mind, and I'm glad to see that books have now captured my son's interest as well.
How To Kill A Monster (Goosebumps Series)

2 comments:

~Nicole Ducleroir~ said...

The subject of how to end one chapter so readers want to read the next right away has been on my mind. It's a great skill to build and hone!

Michelle said...

And R.L. Stine does it so well at a level that kids really get into.