Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Reading List - The Wizard Heir


Wizard Heir, The
I just finished reading The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima last night and loved it! It follows the story of Seph, a young wizard who knows he has powers but has no idea how to use them. His power gets him into trouble everywhere he goes, until he's sent to a special school for wayward boys. At this school he finds himself surrounded by other boys who are prisoners within the walls of the school; some are wizards and some are not. The story takes us through Seph's adventures at the school and elsewhere as he travels to the town of Trinity, a haven for people of varying magic. This was a quick and steady read for me, and the storyline held me all the way through.

Warrior Heir, The

The first book in the series, The Warrior Heir, was a book I had read about a year ago. That one started a bit slow for me as it started by setting the foundation of the story in history. The transition from the past to the present was a bit jarring and confusing, but halfway through the book the momentum picked up and I became a fan. The nice part about The Wizard Heir is that it had great momentum right from the beginning, good action, strong characters, and a fast moving plot throughout. Now I need to plan a trip to the bookstore to pickup the third book in the series, The Dragon Heir.
Dragon Heir

No comments: