Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's Up in YA Books 2010 - webcast

I attended the webcast today, "What's Up in YA Books 2010". It was really cool to hear publishers pitching their top books for the upcoming year. The presenters were:
Jason Wells, Publicity & Marketing Director from Abrams/Amulet
Natashya Wilson, Senior Editor from Harlequin Teen
Glenda Howard, Executive Editor from Kimani TRU
Patty Rosati, Director-School & Library Marketing from HarperCollins Children's Books
I wrote down a few of my top picks that I want to watch for as they're released over the next few months. But on the other side it was also a great opportunity to actually hear how these books are pitched, both with the wording and how it was related to the audience of the webcast. This was a great learning experience.

Once the webcast is loaded to the SLJ (School Library Journal), I'll post a link to it on the blog so everyone can check it out.

1 comment:

Christine Danek said...

Sounds interesting I will chack back for the link/post.
Thanks!