Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What Keeps Us Writing

There's a post on Nathan Bransford's blog today, "You Tell Me: What Keeps You Writing?" If you haven't done so already, I suggest reading through the comments that have been posted. It's interesting to see everyone's reasons why they write.

I posted a comment too, here's my reason:
Writing gives me a sense of control in a world that is so totally out-of-control. In my stories I can create the passion, the turmoil, the environment, the conflict, and everything in between. I can create life and take it away. I can explore a first kiss even though mine was so very long ago. It isn't easy, by far, but writing is familiar and empowering. It has been a part of my life for so long that I don't know what I would do without it.
I also did a similiar post on January 4th titled, "Why Write?".

No comments: