Monday, February 08, 2010

Happy 101 Award - Thank you!

Thanks to Nicole over at One Significant Moment for the Happy 101 Award! What a nice surprise. The support that you and so many others have given to me is both greatly appreciated and welcome, especially in this lonely world we call writing.
As part of the award, I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy...
1. My husband - we've been through a lot over the last 15 years.
2. My son - proud to say I have an intelligent, caring, talented child.
3. Extended family on both sides, their support is endless
4. Friends, wow-great friends. What else can I say!
5. Felix, my loving cat. I love him even when it's 4:00am and he's meowing to get everyone up.
6. Ok, I'm weird, but ice makes me happy. My friends know that I don't stop chewing the stuff.
7. Food makes me very happy...my favs: cheese, chocolate, bread, and desserts galore.
8. Writing. I'm in my happy place when I'm writing.
9. Music. I love music that evokes emotion or helps me remember things in my life.
10. drum roll please, and the 10th thing that makes me happy is...you guys, the readers. Thanks for your support. Thanks for reading and commenting and participating.

And I'd like to pass this award on to a few of my writing friends. And the Happy 101 award goes to...
Beth Revis
Teresa Edmond
George Ingram
Terin Tashi Miller

Now it's your turn - What makes you happy?

3 comments:

Jane Steen said...

1. Reading great writing.
2. Writing something and thinking "that's not bad"
3. When someone really enjoys something I've written.
4. Naturally, my husband and teenagers. Most of the time.
5. Friends.
6. Podcasts.
7. Good blogs.
8. Food OF COURSE, particularly green tea mochi and Cadbury's Creme Eggs.
9. Knitting.
10. Standing in the garden on a spring day looking at the flowers and thanking God that I own a garden!

Thanks for asking!

Michelle said...

Green tea mochi - yum! I haven't had it in so long. I might have to track some down this weekend.

Teresa said...

Thank you for your shout out. I'm blushing ...