Thursday, November 19, 2009

Support the Creativity of Youth

As I've written about in the past, I think it's super important to encourage our young people to express themselves through the arts. Whether its writing, dance, photography, music, or whatever their creative venue of choice.

For me, writing was an important part of my youth. It allowed me to explore my emotions and bolstered my creative confidence. If fact it was probably the one thing that helped me get through the awkwardness of growing up.

So when I hear about great programs that support the creativity of youth, I think it's important to share. I just learned about The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers. If you know a young person who is artistically inclined, you should direct them to the website. You can also support their efforts by becoming a member or making a donation.

No comments: