Wednesday, October 07, 2009

NaNoWriMo - I'm ready!


I am SO ready for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I just updated my profile and signed-up to participate in this years competition. I've already been toying with the idea of what my novel will be about this year, but I still need to formally sit down and draft an outline.

Last year when I participated, I tried to do it by the seat of my pants. It was a great experience for me to not know from one day to the next where my story was going to go, but I also think it hindered me in trying to complete the 50,000 words in 30 days as I didn't have a direction. This year I'm going to have a solid outline, as I find I need to know where I'm going to keep up the pace needed to reach the 50,000 words.

It's a daunting task, but I'm up for the challenge. Any one else ready to participate this year?

No comments: