Monday, October 05, 2009

Motivation - Where For Art Thou?

I've been lacking motivation the last couple of days, and I don't know how to get out of this slump. I know I have a lot of work to do to stay on schedule with my novel revisions, and still I can't get going again. And yet, I find myself constantly thinking about my writing, and where I want the novel to go, and what areas I need to strengthen. But, everything else has been taking up my time. My son has SO much homework to do every night that between that and cooking dinner I have very little time to sit down and write. Once he falls asleep I'm too exhausted. I want to get up early in the morning but I can't seem to get myself out of bed.

Argh - what a dilemna! Maybe I just need to give myself a swift kick in the ass! I'm going to head off to bed now, read for a few minutes, and try to get a good night's sleep. Maybe then I can get up early and write in the morning tomorrow. That's the plan anyway. Wish me luck!

No comments: