Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Books and Movies

Every time I see a movie based on a book, I wonder if my book will one day have the same fate. There have been some great movie renditions: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter, Twilight (just to name a few). And then there have been some flops, poor adaptations of the original story: Eragon is the first one that comes to mind for me.

It always makes me think about my own book. Will my book have the opportunity to make it to the movie level? And if so, what could I do to ensure it has a movie that is true to my vision and a sound recreation of the story. Right now I don't have the answers to those questions...I don't have the experience to know what the right decisions would be.

Anyway, there are some upcoming movies, that started as books, that I am anxiously awaiting the release of: The Lovely Bones, New Moon, and The Lightning Thief.

Are there some upcoming movies that you are looking forward to?

No comments: